Monday 28 November 2011

Badda bing, badda bong..

Just a few photographs to document what I have been getting up to recently.


This is a photograph of the reflection of a tree. It is the tree I am developing a blog on, with my one-year project. I have became increasingly interested with reflections of objects/landscapes and also shadows. My main influences for this has been Andy Goldsworthy and Naoya Hatakeyama. My favourite photograph of Naoya Hatakeyama's is selected from the River Series.


 I like the colours captured in this piece, therefore I have produced an abstract painting inspired by this. I trickled PVA glue onto the blank canvas and allowed it to dry, I did this to create texture and also an abstract effect. When the glue was dry, I covered the canvas in several layers of oil paint until I was content with what I had achieved. I enjoyed this loose way of working as I was flexible about the techniques.


Below is a photograph I took from on top of a hill at Bradgate Park. I was capturing the sunset, to portray the celebration of everyday existence. This photograph is also important to me, as I was with my best friend at the time and due to me moving away to University, I don't see him as much.


This photograph was captured with a Fujifilm Fine pix JX, therefore could have been a lot better. When I receive my new camera I intend to produce more landscape photographs like this, yet to a greater standard. Shown on a previous post of mine, I have presented a letter I wrote to accompany this photograph. To develop this, I included selected pieces of the letter on top of this image alongside the rocks.



I was going to use ink stamps on this, until I completed a prototype and preferred handwritten text. This is blown up to A3 size, however I would like to experiment with working on a larger scale to add more depth to the viewing of this particular way of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment